We believe that children thrive in an environment which values the uniqueness of each child and provides support and opportunities to grow emotionally, socially, cognitively, physically, linguistically, and creatively.
By building on each child’s strengths, interests, curiosity, and desire to learn, we encourage and guide each child to explore, to develop new abilities, and to form close and secure relationships.
Through our developmentally appropriate curriculum and with the support of a highly qualified team, we are committed to engage children in active and meaningful learning to achieve the following goals:
- Foster positive self-identity and a sense of emotional well-being
- Develop social skills and knowledge
- Encourage children to think, reason, question, and experiment
- Promote language and literacy development
- Encourage creative expression and appreciation for the arts
- Enhance physical development and skills
- Demonstrate and encourage sound health, safety, and nutritional practices
- Foster respect for cultural diversity
We consider healthy nutrition, proper rest, and respectful behavior essential for learning and development. When children receive proper nutrition and rest and interact respectfully with teachers and peers, their ability to engage in play and learning activities expands and their social relationships flourish.
At LFDP, we embrace the qualities of our community and incorporate them into our learning environment.